The Mayor's office works closely with citizens, businesses and visitors to the city to make sure Wauseon remains a great place to live, work and play!
Mayor Huner's term of office is from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2023. She was a member of Wauseon City Council from 2000 to 2011 and was re-elected to another term beginning January 1, 2014. She sat on Council until she took the Mayor's office in November 2014.
Mayor Huner has served or is currently serving on several boards and committees including:
- Served on the committee that hosted the Firemen's Appreciation Day
- Serves on the Chili Cook-off Committee
- Served on the Volunteer Fire Fighter's Dependents Board
- Served as the City representative on the Wauseon Union Cemetery Board
- Served as the Chair of the Holiday Committee
- Served as a Co-chair to the Fundraising Committee that raised funds for the Waveland, Mississippi relief project for the victims of Hurricane Katrina
- Serves on the Fulton County Health Department EMA Executive Board
- Serves on the Wauseon Chamber of Commerce Executive Board as Ex-Officio
- Serves on the Planning Commission
- Serves on the Records Commission
- Serves on the Tax Incentive Review Council
- Serves on the Fulton County Economic Development Committee
- Serves on the Downtown Revitalization District Committee
- Member of the Family and Children First Council
- Member of the Wauseon Rotary
- Served on the Planning Board for the Downtown Farm to Table
- Serves on the Joint Solid Waste Management District of Defiance, Fulton, Paulding and Williams Counties
- Serves on the EMS Executive Board
- Serves on the Revolving Loan Fund
In addition to the above listed committees and boards, Mayor Huner was supportive of the Wauseon Pool project. She also played a role in the downtown renovation grant, which allowed for new benches and flower pots to be installed in downtown Wauseon and played an active role in the creation of the Wauseon Beautification Team.
Mayor Huner shares over 38 years of marriage to her high school sweetheart, Lindsay Huner. She enjoys spending her spare time with her children and her two granddaughters. She also spends her free time playing guitar, gardening and cooking for family and friends. She has been an Early Childhood Educator and Administrator for over 35 years.
She is proud to serve the citizens of Wauseon. Feel free to contact her office with any comments, questions or concerns.